- 1) Intro & Purpose
- 3) Types of Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Lookback and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that Lookback may collect Personal Information include: · You may provide Personal Information directly to Lookback through interacting with the Services, participating in surveys,during events such as sweepstakes, and requesting Services, or information.· As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
3.1) Types of Personal Information We Collect We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect PersonalInformation and how we use it. Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with Lookback, responding to surveys, requesting Services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information: Use the Services or Create an Account. When you use the Services, Lookback may access and collect information from your media library, your contacts, and your device's geo-location information if you enable the Services to do so. In addition, if you create an account, Lookback collects Personal Information from you such as name, phone number, email address, or birthday. Memories. When you use the Services, you may create, edit, upload and share memories known as “Looks”. Depending on how you use the Services, Looks can collect information such as your titles, comments, and media you choose to upload and share. In addition, Looks may also collect metadata embedded in the media you choose to upload that can provide the location of where a picture or video was taken. Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as email address when you choose to request information about our Services, register for Lookback's newsletter that we may offer from time to time, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us. Surveys. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Sites and/orServices and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein. Posting on the Services. Lookback may offer non-public or publicly accessible pages, Looks, blogs, private messages, or community forums. You should be aware that, when you disclose information about yourself in on Lookback's pages, Looks, blogs, private messages, and community forums, the Services will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Services, such content will be considered "public" and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein. Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may attend conferences, trade shows, and other events where we collect Personal Information from individuals who interact with or express an interest in Lookback and/or the Services. If you provide us with any information at one of these events, we will use it for the purposes for which it was collected. Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. Occasionally, Lookback may run sweepstakes and contests. We ask those who enter in the sweepstakes or contests to provide contact information (e.g., an email address). If you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, your contact information may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest, and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes. All sweepstakes/contest sentry forms will provide a way for participants to opt-out of any communications that are not related to awarding prizes. Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, AdvertiserID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences. Information Submitted Via Services. You agree that Lookback is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services to Lookback for customer service and support purposes, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods orServices. Lookback will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law. Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a Third-Party application, such as an App Store or "Sign in with Google," we may collect information about you from that Third-Party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through App Stores or Google accounts may include your name, your email, and your profile picture. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to Lookback and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
- 3.2) How Lookback Uses Your Information We Process Personal Information for a variety of businesspurposes, including: To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. Lookback may use information about you to fulfill requests for products,Services, or information, including information about potential or futureServices, including to: Fulfill our contract with you. Generally manage Individual information and accounts. Respond to questions, comments, and other requests. Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Lookback's Services. Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support. Administrative Purposes. Lookback may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to: Pursue legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention. Measure interest in Lookback's Services. Improve the Services. Develop new products and Services. Ensure internal quality control and safety. Authenticate and Verify Individual identity. Carry out audits. Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on Lookback's Services and systems, and, in Lookback's discretion, changes to any Lookback policy. Send email to the email address you provide tous to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, suchas account management, customer service, or system maintenance. Process payment for products or services purchased. Process applications and transactions. Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities. Enforce our Terms. Comply with our legal obligations. Marketing Lookback Products and Services. Lookback may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Lookback may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include: To tailor content, advertisements, and offers. To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you. To provide Services to you and our sponsors. For other purposes disclosed at the time thatIndividuals provide Personal Information. Or otherwise with your consent. You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of yourPersonal Information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 5 below. Consent. We may use Personal Information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide PersonalInformation or with your consent. De-Identified and/or Aggregated Information Use. Lookback may use Personal Information and other information about you to created and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Lookback's Services, or other analyses we create. De-identified and/or aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors' interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. De-identified and/or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Lookback may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Lookback and with third-parties for our or their purposes in a de-identified and/or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you. Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. Lookback's Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, Lookback allows you to provide information about your friends through our referral services, such as "Tell a Friend." Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting or texting your friend to use our Services.
- 3.4) Third-Party Websites/Applications and Social Media Platforms The Services may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Lookback does not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk. Lookback's Services may include publicly accessible blogs, Looks, community forums, or private messaging features. The Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms(e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be seton your device when using our Site or Services. You should be aware thatPersonal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, Look, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by Third-Parties for any number of purposes.
3.5 Third-Party Payment Processing) When you make purchases through the Services, we process your payments through a Third-Party application, including the Apple App Store, Google Play App Store, Amazon App Store (together with any similar applications, "App Stores"). The Third-Party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of Lookback, including your name, email address, address and other billing information.
- 4.) Onward Transfer—Lookback May Disclose Your Information
- 4.2) International Data Transfers All information, including Personal Information, collected via or by Lookback may be transferred, Processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. Where required by law, international transfers of Personal Information will be supported by an adequacy mechanism.
- 5) Your Choices
- 6) Your Privacy Rights For purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, we do not "sell" your Personal Information. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your Personal Information;(ii) obtain access to or a copy of your Personal Information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of Personal Information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the "right of data portability"); (iv) object to or restrict our uses of your Personal Information; (v) seek correction of inaccurate, untrue or incomplete PersonalInformation; (vi) withdraw your consent; and (vii) request erasure of PersonalInformation held about you by Lookback, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, Lookback will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. If you are a California resident, you have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Lookback for the exercise of your rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.